Earlywood Educational Services is pleased to announce a paid School Psychologist Internship opportunity for the 2018-19 school year. The purpose of our Internship Program is to build the capacity of competent School Psychologist candidates with the ability to serve a wide range of student needs within schools including prevention, intervention, consultation, assessment, and program evaluation. Internships are based on guidelines set forth by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP). We provide interns with the ability to work with a variety of student populations and perform a wide range of school psychologist duties under the supervision & guidance of highly qualified practicing school psychologists. This experience is intentionally designed for maximum learning benefit of the intern and is customizable to individual interests.
Earlywood Educational Services is a special education cooperative serving six school districts just south of Indianapolis. Interns will be assigned to one primary School Psychologist Supervisor/Mentor. In addition, due to our size and diversity, we are able to offer interns exposure to a variety of experiences including:
- Utilization of Q-Interactive & other web & cloud-based assessment & scoring practices
- Practice with a wide variety of assessment tools
- Engagement in monthly Professional Learning Communities with our team of psychologists
- Participation with RtI/MTSS processes & school-based problem solving
- Observation, data collection, & analysis as part of Functional Behavior Assessment & Behavior Intervention Plan development
- Involvement with referral, assessment, report generation, recommendations, & conferencing
- Connection with alternative behavioral settings, non-public school placements, & our multi-disciplinary Preschool Assessments
- In-service presentations to staff, administrators, & parents
Internships are paid positions and require the commitment of a full school year. Successful interns will be top candidates for open positions with us and eligible for an employment bonus for each of the first two years of service in our schools.
Interested candidates should submit a resume/vitae, a letter of interest, and two letters of recommendation to Angie Balsley, Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Date Posted: January 5, 2018
Interviews: March 7, 2018
Intern Recommendation to Board: March 14, 2018